Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 Holiday Reflections

The holidays have come and gone. We're in our sixth day of a new year and a new decade. I hope
everyone's getting back into the swing of things.

For me, holiday shopping was pretty interesting in December 2009 to say the least.  I dropped in on a few places like Sephora, K-Mart, Make Up For Ever, Aeropostale, Barnes & Nobles, Borders Bookstore, Macy's, Best Buy, JC Penney, Target, etc... Retailwise, there were some pretty sweet deals for the consumer.

For my niece Dana, I purchased the majority of her gifts from Aeropostale. Why? 50 - 70% off that's why!
The line in the store was soooo long, it was almost like a maze. No complaints from me. The money I saved was a-maze-ing! :)

I also stopped by K-Mart. Good thing I did. Not only did I picked up some cute gloves for us, but bought a pair of weather boots for myself. On the way to K-Mart, the snow had started to fall and was
accumulating rather quickly. This was a no-brainer. Time to stop shopping and head home.

While on the train, I called my car service (just in case there was a long wait). By the time the train pulled into my station, six inches of beautiful soft snow had fallen. I went into the ticket office, quickly changed from my sneakers to the weather boots I purchased from K-Mart and waited for my car.

The driver arrived, getting me home safe and sound. When I exited the car, my feet sank almost eight inches deep in snow. I grabbed my packages and went inside the house. Before closing the door, I looked outside. My neighborhood was so beautiful. It was covered in a blanket of snow. Although in the morning we would be greeted with several hours of shoveling, right outside my door was beauty...simplified.

I had an awesome 2009 holiday season.  I hope you did too!

Much love,
Leza

Upcoming topic: The Tool Essentials Series - Part 1: Makeup Brushes

No comments:

Post a Comment